Friday, March 22, 2013

Tarte Primer: Smooth Poreless Face

Hey hey hey ladies!!
Get ready because this one is a long one BUT worth it!

Let's talk about primers today eh?! So, I have a confession! I didn't start using primers until about a year and a half!! I've always loved make-up HOWEVER can somebody explain to me why the heck I didn't even know what primer was up until last year?! ohh lawwwd, it's bad! LOL anywho, since discovering such a thing I had tried more than a couple to try to figure out which one works best for me.

It's EXTREMELY important to know what type of skin you have in order to find the primer that gives you the best results. So far, I've tried the E.L.F Mineral Infused face Primer, which by the way, for the price of $6 it does a mighty fine job. I've also tried the MUF HD Microperfecting Primer which is extremely expensive and I didn't like it at all, and I have finally found my ALL TIME FAV... *drumroll please* the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless face primer!!

I bought this $9 Tarte Primer sample at Ulta a couple months ago and yes ladies, this... is... it.. it's thee one.. for me! LOL I've been using on and off to see if it really makes a difference and it totally does. Here's why I love this!

First of all, let's go over two primers that come in this set really quick before I get into my FAV one, Tarte Clean Slate Flawless and Clean Slate Creaseless 12-hr eye primer, I don't have much to say about either of these. In my opinion they the consistancy is not good. They feel more like a lotion rather than a primer. I feel like as soon as I applied it onto my face it would sink into my skin like a moisturizer. Both the face and the eye primer felt that way to me! womp, womp, womp... it's a good thing I didn't buy the actual size or I would've had a fit!!

Let's move on to my fav one of them all, that pretty purple container (: It's the Clean Slate Poreless face primer and let me tell you, it's AH-MAZE-ING! I absolutely love it! &&Let me tell you whyyyyyy!!

The texture to this is sooo silky! It leaves my skin smooth and it makes my foundation and/or powder glide on. If you have open pores this will also help cover and decrease the look of them! YES, you do have to get used to the texture because it feels so weird at first but it works! When I apply the primer it also feels like it stays on top of my skin instead of being absorbed! Also, I feel it does help my make-up last longer, at least troughout the nine hours i'm at work!

I must say I don't wear it every since day only because it's pricey. I did purchase the actual size primer and dropped $30 on it at Sephora but it's worth it!!
Again, the sample set has all 3 for $9 at Ulta or Sephora <3 Give it a try! Let me know which one you like best ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment