Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lets talk about brows: Gel, Shadow or Pencil!

Lets talk about them eyebrows!! sheesh, truth is... all you need before you leave the house is some mascara, eyebrows on point and you're set to go... amen to that!

Yes, it takes time to learn what works best for your eyebrows and what shape looks better on you, but practice at night before you wash your face (that's what I still do LOL) and slowly but surely you'll perfect them brows girl!

Well, let me start by saying that doing my eyebrows are STILL the hardest thing for me to do. I don't do them everyday because we all know "ain't nobody got time for that" but having my eyebrows shaded in are a MUST when I go out. I tend to thicken them up when I go out just because I usually slap on some fake lashes but if I don't wear them then I just keep my natural shape because your lashes and eyebrows must be balanced! It looks tacky otherwise!

Moving on, lets get to the point of the blog! I wanted to give an idea of the difference between using eyeshadow, gel and pencil to shade in the brows. I took a picture with each of the options in hopes that it would help some of you ladies figure out which one would work best for you. The pictures below have no filter so you have an real view of what each one looks like on.

EYEBROW TIPS from yours truly:

ladies,

if you're brunetteu use 1-2 shades lighter than your hair color
if you're blonde use 1-2 shades darker
if you're redhead go for a shade darker
IT IS a trial and error game, don't be afraid to try different colors/shades!!! it took me like 19652365 times LOL 

 
I used the MAC 212 brush and Maybelline EYESTUDIO gel eyeliner in brown to shade my eyebrows. Yes, it's eyeliner but it works the same as eyebrow gel and it's soo affordable! However, I must say the gel doesn't last as long as the shadow or pencil, at least for me, so it helps if you retouch if you plan on wearing it long periods of time. 


This shade is the MAC eyeshadow in Espresso and I used my MAC 212 brush as well. I absolutely love this shadow, I like it better than the MAC Charcoal shadow, Espresso is darker and fits my color a tad better. I would say the Charcoal is a shade lighter than this one.

and finally, on to my FAVORITE brow pencil EVERRRRR!! In this picture I used the Anastasia BrowWiz pencil in Caramel! OMG I have nothing else to say than THIS PENCIL IS A MUST TRY. I discovered this baby over a year ago and I just keep going back to it! I love that it's not harsh so it's super easy to apply. It's pricey but definitely worth it AND it lasts a long time. 


 

 Before I bring this post to an end let me tell you how I find it easier to fill in my eyebrows. First, I outline the shape that I want, both top and bottom to make sure I get the arch right, then I fill the end of the brow first (the side closed to my ear) only because it's easier for me and then I fill in the ticker part (closer to my nose)

Remember, there's no right or wrong way, it's all about finding what works best for you!

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment