Sunday, May 25, 2014

NYX Matte Lipstick -- review and SWATCHES


Let's keep this one short and simple. I'll start by saying that all of you must try these at some point in your life! The sooner, the better! LOL for real though, I purchased these items with my own money at Ulta,$5.99 each BUT I bought them when they were having a buy 1 get 1 50% off soooo I paid about $27 for all six colors. BY THE WAY, Ulta is having the same sale right now so I'd say you check it out if you like the brand! No coupon needed. Anywho, I haven't tried any other lipsticks from NYX but these matte ones are amazing! Super pigmented although they have a matte finish. I'd definitely recommend you moisturize your lips before you apply the lipstick because considering they are matte you don't want your lips looking all dry or else they will NOT look nice. Don't say I didn't tell you so!

Out of the colors I picked, five of them are bold, bright colors that are wearable during this spring/summer season. Like I said before, the pigmentation is amazing and all of them glide on smoothly, not complicated like some other matte ones tend to be. Well, let me rephrase that, all of them are amazing EXCEPT for the nude color you see below. Out of the six colors, that one would be the only one i wouldn't recommend. I don't know what it was about it but that color was so difficult to apply evenly. I literally had to apply like 4 layers of it for it to even look decent, but maybe its just me. Yeah, definitely a no-go BUT the remaining five are seriously gorgeous!!!!

TOP: Left-Right: Shocking Pink, Angel, Indie Flick. BOTTOM: Perfect Red, Alabama, Nude



NOTE: these lipsticks are matte, the reason they don't look completely matte in the pictures is because I applied the Victorias Secret soothing balm beforehand. I don't like lipgloss so I use the balm before applying the color to add a bit of shine and not have them looking so dry. If you don't apply anything the colors will be completely matte.



                                                          XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment