Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Melt Cosmetics: Review



INSTAGRAM: thebeautyyouwear
Hey Ladies!
LIPSTICK TIME!!!!
So I purchased two lipsticks from MELT Cosmetics a couple months ago and I'm just coming around to actually trying them, so I thought i'd write a review on them. The Melt lipstick line just came out about three months ago and I believe it was created and launched by two make-up artists from the entertainment industry. All their lipsticks are cruelty free so it's nice to know that no animals were harmed during the making of the products.

Okay, so there's five colors available: Belladona, Starlight, Darling, Stupid Love, and Summer! I bought Starlight, which is the deep purple shown in the picture above and Stupid Love (i'll do another post on that beautiful pink later because this purple is so pigmented that it stained my lips and the pink wouldn't show true to color due to the stain.)

Anyway, let me start by saying that these lipsticks ARE pricey. They're $19 each, making them about $5 more expensive than MAC lipsticks, BUT all of the Melt Cosmetics colors are so pretty and bold that I couldn't contain myself and I dropped $45 on two lipsticks including shipping costs. If it wasn't for the $19 price tag, I would've probably purchase all five Melt colors! I must say that I normally wouldn't wear this deep purple but I think it'll be a good color to rock on a night out to the club with an all black outfit!

I love the fact that they're completely matte and they're not hard to apply at all. I don't know about you ladies but for me, the MAC matte lipsticks are hard to put on and they dry my lips (yes, I'm still madly in love with all of the MAC though) I just added a bit of chapstick before I applied the color and ta-daaahh!!


                                                    XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment