Friday, August 23, 2013

Smoked -- Urban Decay//NYX//MAC products




Instagram: thebeautyyouwear

EYES
NYX eyeshadow base in nude all over lid
MAC charcoal eyeshadow on the crease to help with the blending (I used the the ELF small contour brush because it picks up a lot of product)
SideCar eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette all over the lid using my MAC 239 brush(I applied this under the black shadow to add some sparkle undertone)

For the dark part (I call this the difficult part) here's what I did...

First I applied the NYX nude matte eyeshadow in Stripped using my MAC 219 brush (I used that brush because the NYX shadow is VERY powdery and if you use a fluffy brush the excess product will get all over your under-eye, although you could just clean it off, why not try to avoid it! Just saying)
After the eyeshadow was on, it was still not dark enough for me, so I went over the black NYX shadow with the Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black. I applied this with my Urban Decay shadow brush. Now, yes, the Laura Mercier liner is thick and meant for eyeliner, but I just dipped the brush into the eyeshadow base and then onto the liner powder and it worked out perfect!
Anyway, after I was done applying both black shades, I used the Sephora Crease brush (which by the way, it's AMAZING although I think i've said that before) to blend the dark edges into the brown shadow I applied at the beginning.  The blending process can take longer than the actual shadow application but it's what puts the look together!! So take your sweet time :)


FACE
I have the Bare Mineral Original Foundation in medium beige
MAC Fleur Power Powder Blush with a tiny bit of Benefits "10" blush (discountinued)
NYX LipLiner in Nude Beige on my lips

                                                    XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment