Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sensationail Starter Kit: AMAZING



OK I MUST start by saying that this has been one of the best purchases I've made so far! I'm sure you all have heard about and seen the shellac/gel nail manicure... I'm also sure those of you who have know it gets pretty darn expensive. For those who don't know what it is, shellac/gel polish, is a nail polish that is similar to acrylic in lasting power but it's thinner and resembles your natural nail (compared to acrylic which can be thick and bulky at times.) The gel stays for about 2-3 weeks, shiny and chip-free.

About a month ago, I saw this kit at Wal-Mart, I paid $50+tax for the kit, and yes... as I mentioned before IT'S AMAZING to me. It's totally worth the money AND I don't have to pay, someone else to do them for me when I could just do them at my house, while chilling and watching TV on my own time! Can't get better than that!

Anyway, here are the pictures of what my nails looked like throughout the two weeks that I had them. They didn't chip at all and they actually stayed shiny the entire time. HOWEVER, my only complaint about this product is that it's definitely a bit hard to take off! I don't recommend taking them off with anything else other than 100% pure acetone, otherwise your nail will for sure get damaged. Don't chip them off or try to pull the gel or else it will most likely tear off the top layer of your nail.

When taking them off, soak a cotton-ball with pure acetone and place it on your nail with a little bit of foil; keep it there for 5-7 minutes. This will help loosen the gel a little and will make it easier to come off. The process of taking them off takes longer than the application so be patient! Other than that, if you know how to paint your nails nice and stay within the nail (without getting nail polish on your cuticle or your skin) then I totally recommend you give it a try!


Picture above shows my nails in the color Pink Chiffon after finishing the process. Notice that I made sure the gel stayed just below my cuticle (I think they look nicer that way) I hate when it gets all over the cuticle, it just makes it look messy. 

Here's how they looked after six days.


After 10 days the gel was still shiny and they didn't chip at all. TIP: I made sure to apply the gel primer all over each nail to avoid it from chipping, however don't put too much or else it will be extremely difficult to remove the gel. The primer acts like the glue for the gel so if you apply too much it'll act like SUPER glue. LOL


This is the color I did them after the pink. LOVE it.
Color: Scarlet Red

No comments:

Post a Comment