Friday, May 30, 2014

HAIR TREATMENT: Coconut Oil


Is it obvious that I'd practically try anything to have healthy and shiny hair? Maybe it's not obvious now, but you'll see after reading this HAHA I have tried mayo, eggs, olive oil, I haven't tried the avocado yet but I just might need to soon. So, as you can see from the pictures above, my hair is super long. It's down to my waist in long layers, well they use to be short layers but now they're all grown out (your girl needs a haircut ASAP!) I have thick hair and I do dye it dark brown every couple of months. Considering that I dye my hair, it can tend to get a little dry sometimes which is why I have tried 39830592840934 conditioners and treatments to help. Needless to say I STILL haven't found my holy grail conditioner. I have even tried the WEN conditioner, $34 per bottle, and I definitely DID NOT like it, waste of money to be honest with you.
Anyway, I saw one of my friends on Instagram (my girl Mayra, HEY GIRL HEY!) post a picture about using coconut oil for damaged hair so of course I asked her about it! She said it worked well for her so I thought i'd give it a go! It's funny because I had bought coconut oil months ago (Sprouts Market for about $5) thinking I would actually use it to cook but that never really happened so using it on my hair worked out perfectly.
GET TO THE POINT VIV: ok, Just like in the pictures, I started by applying small amounts of coconut oil to my ends. I didn't want my hair to be left all greasy which is why I applied in tiny amounts. You definitely DON'T want to shower your hair in the oil or else it will take you 50 washes to get it off. I worked my way up to my roots but I didn't add any more product I just used the oil that was left on my hands. After I was done greasing up my hair, I put it up in a bun and left it in for 15-20 minutes.
RESULTS: I have only done this treatment once. I'll be completely honest with you and it didn't WOW me at all. I washed it off with the Kerastase Bain Satin shampoo and I let my hair air dry. Surpringly, my hair wasn't greasy at all which is was great! I hate when you try an oil based treatment and it leaves you looking like a cow licked your head LOL . My hair did softer but nothing exaggerated. I will probably try this a couple more times and hope for better results but I'll keep you updated.


                                                   XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment