Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MACs Archie's Girls Collection: Lipsticks

 Betty's lipstick in Girl Next Door
Veronica's lipstick in Daddy's Little Girl
Veronica's lipstick in Boyfriend Stealer
Betty's lipstick in Betty Bright

So, let me start by mentioning that this is the first time I have actually waited for any MAC collection to come out! I was extremely excited for this collection because there were so many cute things!! wellllll, yeah, it was probably just the packaging that got me. I received the products a day before the collection was out (the collection was released online a week before it came out in stores) and let me just say that I was not impressed by it.... womp, womp, womp... Don't get me wrong. I LOVE MAC but I just wasn't impressed at all. 
Let's start with the face products that I bought. On all the pictures above I am wearing Veronica's Powder Blush in Prom Princess and on top of that I put a tiny highlight of the Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me, both from the Archie's collection. Those two I absolutely loved! The blush is definitely super pigmented so I dabbed it on with a fluffy brush to avoid looking like a clown and the Pearlmatte powder is really nice and easy to apply. It's similar to the MACs Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish but with more of peachy undertones.

Next, the lipsticks. Let me say that Veronica's Daddy's Little Girl is definitely my FAVORITE one! (: The color is perfect for Spring/Summer and the purple undertone it has is just fabulous!

My second fav is Betty's lipstick in Betty Bright... however, it is extremely similar to the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick. Yes, Betty Bright has more of a coral but still, they're really really similar!

Girl Next Door is also a really nice color but I don't love the texture to it. It is a Lustre finish so maybe that's why! I don't know why the Lustre lipsticks are just hard for me to even out sometimes, but maybe it's just me! This color is really nice and low-key, so it's more of a wear-to-work color. 

Wow, Veronica's Boyfriend Stealer is the darkest one! It's definitely not a regular color I would pick up but I like this one because its a Creemsheen finish so it's not too dark! This color will look nice on a skin colors. I wouldn't wear this color on a daily basis but I could see myself wearing it on a night out, most likely with my hair tied back in a bun. 

I just checked online and all these products are already sold out but you could check your local MAC to see which ones they still have in stock; I think Nordstroms might still have the PearlMatte Powder and the blush. 

Well, there it is ladies! Goodnight (: 


No comments:

Post a Comment