Saturday, September 15, 2012

NEW! Bare Minerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation

OK ladies, so today I bought myself the new Bare Minerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation at Ulta and I wanted to share my thoughts about it with you guys <3


Let's start with the things I like about it. First, I like that this foundation has SPF added (SPF 20) not too much but hey! at least it has some. Also, I like that Bare Minerals finally decided to make a compressed powder collection. I've always liked their products but I hated that, since they only had loose powder, the products would always get all over the place, i.e. when I would do my make-up in the car LOL. This foundation is DEFINITELY full coverage, it goes on super smooth on your face and it definitely leaves your face looking flawless. However, if you're like me, I wouldn't wear this to work or just on a regular day ONLY because I don't like looking like I'm going to the club all the time LOL But of course, it's all personal choice, so girl! go on and do yo thing :] It seriously leaves your skin like superrrrr flawless.

BTW, the foundation was $29.00 USD plus tax of course, I thought it was a decent price compared to other higher-end brands.

Now, let's move on to the one thing I don't like about it.  There's 14g/0.49Oz which is a decent amount BUT omgoshhhhhhh this foundation is so powdery!!! As soon as I touched it with the brush to apply it I could tell I was going to waste some of product every time I wore it!! (i'll post a picture below so that you know what I mean) Kind of upsetting but whatever =/


Here are some pictures of my face with and without the foundation!
I took the pictures outside during the day because I think it shows better that way. I hate when I put a foundation on for the first time (in normal lighting) thinking it looks nice and as soon as I go outside it looks completely different under the sunlight!

Click on the pictures to zoom and get a better look at the differences!

 In this picture I only have my face moisturizer and my Make Up Forever face primer! As you can see I don't have much to cover on my face but you could see that I have a couple of light freckles under my eye.



In this picture I have the medium beige foundation on. You can see that my face looks mat and practically flawless. The freckle that was shown in the picture above is no longer noticeable. I only applied a little bit of foundation onto my stipple brush and applied it in circular motion. You don't need a lot of product to get the full coverage; If you apply too much your face will look cake-y and you DON'T want that! 

This is what I meant when I said this foundation is powdery! Make sure you GENTLY TAP the brush on the foundation in order to avoid wasting too much!
K, have a great weekend everyone!

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment