Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wet n Wild

Hey everyone!
     Ok, so lately I've been hearing a lot of great things about Wet n Wild products. I never really paid any attention to them because the prices are so cheap that I assumed they were no good. Don't get me wrong, most of the products I use are drug store ones but this one just never caught my attention.         However, I've been hearing that they're blush is really good quality so I decided to stop at my nearest CVS to buy some! So here's what I bought and my thoughts on them...


Let's start with the lipsticks. I must admit, for $1.99 (in California) they're a steal! They're good quality and well pigmented. The only one I had a problem with is the Think Pink one. The color is just too pale and sheer, I had to apply like 4 layers of it to get some color and the color that I got didn't look very nice. I'm sure I'll wear it but I would have to layer it with some other color in order for it to look cute. Maybe my skin color didn't match well with that one but I had no complaints with the rest of the colors.

The lip gloss. Honestly, I'm not one to wear lipgloss... ever. But since I saw this pretty color for $1.99 I just took the risk to try it out anyway. It's a very light pink with a pearl touch to it, so it does have shimmer.... I loved it!! I did have to pack on three layers of it to make it noticeable but I really liked the color and I loved that it's not extremely sticky like most others.


Blush, Blush, Blush. 
Scroll down to take a look at them. They only had three colors available for the blushes and two different bronzers... I would've liked to see more of a variety but whatever I bought picked up two colors. I've heard good things about them so I had high expectations... and needless to say... people were right! I really like that they were both very pigmented and the colors come off smoothly and pretty. The pearlescent one does have shimmer but it's not too much and you could even mix both to get a nice natural color. But if you're not a mixer, then I would say use the heather silk on a night out (since it's a little heavier on the color) and the Pearlescent during the day, out to work or just a day out.

Take a look... Here are the swatches for all the products I bought! Enjoy :)

              


Lipsticks: (from left to right)
                 Think Pink- 901B
                 Sugar Plum Fairy- 908C
                 Bare It All- 902C
                 Smokin' Hot Pink- 905D 
Lip Gloss: Cherish- 564A
Blushes: (left and right)
                  Heather Silk- 832E
                  Pearlescent Pink- 831E
Lipstick Swatches: (Top to Bottom)
Think Pink- 901B           Sugar Plum Fairy- 908C
Bare It All- 902C
             Smokin' Hot Pink- 905D

(Left to Right)
Lip Gloss: Cherish- 564A      Blush: Pearlescent Pink- 831E and Heather Silk- 832E


 Thanks for reading! Goodnight XOX
-Viv
 

No comments:

Post a Comment